While getting to know Mane Master Naeemah LaFond, Global Artistic Director of Amika, we discovered she started her teaching career years ago with blowouts, teaching salon stylists all over the US, Canada and Europe how to master the long-lasting, bouncy blowout. Naturally, we wanted in on her blowout tips, and thankfully she granted us our wish. Ahead, LaFond’s foolproof recipe to the perfect blowout.
- Start by spritzing towel-dried hair with the Amika Brooklyn Bombshell Blowout Volume Spray at the root for lift and applying a golf ball-size of Amika The Perfect Body Whipped Mousse for volume throughout
- Rough dry the hair to remove excess moisture
- Section hair into five sections using duck bill clips
- Dry each section using a round boar brush if you have wavy to curly hair and a thermal brush if hair is finer or straight. The boar brush will help to smooth out the hair and the thermal brush will help to create volume and hold a curl
- Starting in the front, dry roots of section on all sides first then roll the hair up into the brush, apply heat and set with a cold shot
- Blow dry the top section of your hair back away from face, pin and set with touchable hairspray and a cold shot from your dryer
- Once cool, remove all pins, massage roots then break up curls and accentuate volume